eHouse Home Automation – Software eHouse4Java is a open source software under GNU license for eHouse system users only.
- Text Control
- graphical control
- graphical visualization of the system status
- graphical visualization of the system (automatic for each room/controller)
- communication with controllers
- Reception and synchronization status of all controllers via TCP/IP protocol, networks (LAN , WAN , Intranet , Internet)
- Reception and synchronization status of all controllers via UDP protocol (LAN , Intranet)
- Collection status of all the controllers for further processing, eg for the purpose of:
- Create Logs
- Create your own control algorithms and dedicated systems
- Create communication servers and gateways for any external systems
- Integration with other hardware and software as well as third-party devices
- Transferring events to controllers over TCP/IP
- voice control
The use of Java enables using this software for various types of hardware equipped with Java virtual machine.
It can work the same way on different operating systems:
- Windows since version 95
It also provides the ability to easily adapt to mobile systems based on the use of Java:
- Java MIDP (Mobile)
- Windows Mobile , Windows Phone (when converting to C #) that is very similar to Java
It is therefore possible to create control and management software system Home Automation eHouse on any hardware platform:
- Microcomputers , Computer Motherboards , wall panels based on a simplified PC
- Graphic Panels
- Another miniature hardware implemented with Java support
Another very important factor is the free nature and availability of Java development tools , comparable quality with a very expensive compilers such as Microsofts’ Visual Studio , Embarcaderos’, etc. .
This allows you to create professional applications without having to invest in expensive software .
It also allows for the creation of dedicated software for different versions detailing equipment, etc. .
So far, we provide a free software package with source code control application constitutes the core of the system Home Automation Producer eHouse supports all current versions of the system:
- eHouse 1 (485) under the supervision of a PC
- eHouse 1 under the supervision of CommManager
- Ethernet eHouse (eHouse4Ethernet)
For this purpose, we use the free NetBeans development environment .
Its installation and configuration is discussed in the article “Smart home software development in Netbeans (Java , Java MIDP , Android)”
EHouse4Java software is an add-on software for PC and eHouse directly uses the configuration files in the directory ” eHouse ” system.
- The initial configuration is created by the way the system configuration application eHouse “ConfigAux.exe”.
- Then it is necessary to export the settings for the panel from the system running the application eHouse1 “eHouse.exe/mobile”.
- Setting up controllers for panels eHouse4Ethernet is generated from the application “CommManagerCfg.exe” for each Ethernet controller. It is necessary for this purpose press “Create Mobile File”, or appropriate in a given language description in the application.
- in the directory from which the application will run eHouse4Java , place a text file “path.cfg” , in which first line is the path to the directory “e-House” of system Home Automation eg.”c:\e-house\” (Without the quotation marks, and other characters.
- copy eHouse4Java to disk and open it in the NetBeans application project
- start it by pressing the function key “F6”
- outside NetBeans runs it follows from the command line “ehouse4java.jar” if installed Java path is added to the operating system of global variables